Djibouti is a semi-presidential republic. The gained their independence on 27, June 1977.
The capital city is also called Djibouti and it is the largest city in the country.
Most of the food is imported and agricultural production is limited to fruits and vegetables due to scarce rainfall. Djibouti experiences a very dry climate with prolonged spells of scorching heat.
The unemployment rate in the country is as high as 50%.
Djibouti hosts the only U.S. military base in sub-Saharan Africa and is a front-line state in the global war on terrorism.
Nearly 94% of the population is Muslim while the remaining 6% are Christian.
The official languages are French and Arabic while the other languages spoken are Somali and Afar.
The population of Djibouti is divided into two main groups, the Issa of Somali and the Afar. The remainder is formed by Europeans, Arabs and Ethiopians.
Major industries are construction and agricultural processing, leather tanning, pharmaceuticals, salt mining and petroleum refinery. The natural resources are geothermal areas, gold, clay, granite, limestone, marble, salt, diatomite, gypsum, pumice and petroleum.
Djibouti exports re-export of hides and skins and coffee in transit. Imports are foods and beverages transport equipment, chemicals and petroleum products. Major trading partners are Somalia, Yemen, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia, India and China.
Is situated in the Horn of Africa on the easternmost edge of Africa with the Indian Ocean to the east, Ethiopia to the west, Djibouti to the northwest, Yemen across the Gulf of Aden to the north and Kenya to the southwest
Is located on the southernmost corner of the Caribbean Sea and lies northeast of Venezuela amd Guyana, just south of Grenada and Barbados.
Is a small enclave wedged between the states of Sarawak and Sabah on the Malaysian side of Borneo in Southeast Asia.
Is an African country bordered by Gabon to the south and east, Cameroon to the north and the Gulf of Guinea to the west
Is a country located in the southeast of South America between Argentina and Brazil.
Is a landlocked country in East/Central Africa, bordered by Uganda to north, Burundi in the south, Democratic Republic of the Congo on the West and Tanzania to the East.
Is bordered to the north, east and south by Senegal with a small coast on the Atlantic Ocean in the west.
Is situated in Southwest Asia and bordered by Lebanon, the Mediterranean Sea and the island of Cyprus in the West, Israel in the southwest, Jordan in the south, Iraq in the east and Turkey in the north
Is situated between the countries of Senegal and Guinea, in the western part of the continent of Africa
Short about Djibouti
Is located in the “horn of Africa’ in Eastern Africa, between Somalia and Eritrea, bordering the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea.